Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hangry.


(both images found on pinterest)
 


Happy almost Friday everyone :)
If you follow me on Instagram (arichardson79) then you are probably pretty annoyed by all of my posts lately. Lol. It's all pinterest's fault. Really, it is!

While browsing on pinterest, I saw a pin called "Lose 5 pounds in 3 days - 3 day military diet" and was intrigued. Let me start from the beginning. I made a new year's resolution to get fit and healthy. Starting January 2nd, I started eating MUCH healthier and working out every Monday, Wednesday, Friday EVERY WEEK for an hour each day. This was all new to me, I have never been very into fitness. I have been doing it now for over 6 weeks and have not shed one stinkin' pound. Not one. See, I have about 10-15 pounds that I have been wanting to lose for a long while and I thought these positive changes would do the trick. I know 6 weeks isn't that long, but I thought I should have at least seen a small improvement. Nope. So, this diet got me wondering IF I could do it, and IF it would work.

My husband is a firefighter and every couple of weeks gets 4 days off in a row. I decided that if I was going to try this diet, I would need him to be off work so he could tend to the kids, feed them, and just leave me alone if I needed to nap or cry or whatever. Why? I tend to get hangry when I haven't eaten much. This diet....not very much food. To make a long story short, I planned to start the diet this past Monday, did all my shopping, then found out that my hubby would be working for 2 out of the 3 days. I was already pumped up, so I decided to go for it anyway and just hoped for the best.

I'll spare you the pics of all of my meals. You can see them on Instagram if you want (arichardson79) And you can check out the details of the diet HERE.

It was HARD.
day 2 and 3 had NO caffeine at all. No coffee. No tea. Nothin'.

HARD.

The kids and I watched lots of tv. I read half my book. I was hangry for a lot of the three days. lol. I even sat on my couch long enough to make these cuties for my shop:

Cute, yes!? (pardon my shameless plug).

Anyway. The diet was HARD. Did I mention that? Haha. It was doable though, and I did it!! The hardest part was having to prepare food for others while eating barely anything myself. I didn't cheat once and I stuck strictly to the meal plan. I don't actually own a scale so I weighed myself at the gym at the start (Monday morning) and after I was done (first thing Thursday morning).

My Results: I lost 5.6 pounds in 3 days :)

Proud of myself?? YES!! I wasn't sure if I could stick with it but I really gave myself no choice. Hopefully this is the jump start I need to keep losing little by little. Overall, I am in support of a healthy lifestyle. To me, this means a well balanced diet and regular exercise. But, this little "fad" diet really gave me some confidence and has helped me realize that I don't need to snack as much as I do. I also discovered that my portion sizes could really be smaller and I would still be satisfied. A great learning experience and eye opener for this food loving girl.

I recommend trying this diet. I will definitely do it again down the road if I feel like I need another boost. I recommend doing it with a buddy too, that would have really helped me through my hangry moments. Instagramming my meals really helped me stay accountable and it was nice to have support from my friends following me along.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep the pounds off and continue on this path  :)

Let me know if you try it out or if you already have :) Misery really does love company, haha!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!



11 comments:

  1. WOOT!!! the other side of that pillow must say "full and happy!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds hard! You definitely have will-power girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Great job...you're funny, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of your dedication. Love you! (and I am glad I didn't really have to deal with hangry you ;) ) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Ali! Good for you! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to have that kind of self control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you. Sounds like something I should try too. Maybe this week before I head on a mini-vacation. :) I'll text you with hangry comments. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Ali...quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hangry - literally the story of my life. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get hangry too so I'm wondering what days of the week would be good to try this??? Hmmm. I'm intrigued though. Might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your hunger pains! I just read something that said we should all go to bed a little hungry! Guess that means no more 10pm snacking!!

    Keep on making more of those fabulous garland - that will keep your hands too busy to snack!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I know all about being "hangry"!

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)