Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bachelorette Par-tay

(Apologies in advance for anyone who feels that any of the bachelorette-type pics are offensive in any way. We definitely had FUN)

Hello everyone, sorry it has been so long since my last post. I was away with some friends this past weekend at a Bachelorette party and am having trouble getting back in the swing of things. Here are some pictures from our trip. We stayed in a gorgeous rental home in Santa Ynez, CA and had a blast.

Here is a front view f the house named the "Country Charmer" by the owners. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a pool, etc. It was perfect!!
It was the perfect place for 10 girlfriends to relax and do some partying :)
The first night we went out to a yummy dinner at a Mexican food place called Don Carlitos. Here's a pic of the beautiful bride (my college friend Susie) on our way to dinner.

We were thirsty ;) haha.

After dinner, we walked down the country road to a local country bar called Mavericks.
It was authentic (if you know what I mean).

Lots of dollar bills on the ceiling...
REAL cowboys dancing ;)
A REAL country band playin'
Keyboarder roackin' out.

It was a GREAT night!! We ended the night in the hot tub back at the house (which strangely turned into a heated debate about school lunches and healthy vs. convenient foods etc. haha. Go figure).

The next day it was time to do some wine tasting. We had a limo bus take us around which was awesome!!! There was dancing. And champagne. Oh yeah baby!

I'm not really much of a wine drinker, but it was still a very fun activity with a fun group of girls.
After we got back, we spent a good chunk of hours relaxing out by the pool. It was much needed and much appreciated by all of us.

I made this cute banner for the house :)


Which later transformed into this....(a bit hard to read but it says "Dirty Disney Bachelorette"). Susie is a huge Disney princess fan, so we themed Saturday night and we all had some fun being goofy and dressing up like Disney princesses. haha. Yep - you read that right (we-are-dorks). It was sort of a fun half-assed rendition of the princesses....ironically I don't have a pic of myself. Here is my sis and Miranda doing their best Pocahontas. Haha, SOO funny!!!

Lizzie as Belle with her "beast"
Natalie as Ariel, and Susie as Briderella
(Not pictured: Kimi as Mulan and Me as Snow White - I will update later if I get the pics).
The night came to an end after some cupcakes and a fun game of pin the hose on the firefighter ;)
Yep - we're all over 30 and we still had fun playing raunchy bachelorette party games. Total dorks.

It was an absolutely FABULOUS weekend and we all had a blast!!! Susie's wedding is in July where my sis and I will happily stand by her side as bridesmaids and watch her marry her prince. Ain't love grand!?

I hope you all are having a great week so far. Noah's last day of Kindergarten is on Thursday and then Summer officially begins! Bring it on ;)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...looks like a blast!!!! You gals are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to rent a house!! Looks like you guys had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! Love when you can go to a Bachelorette Party in your 30's and have the perfect mix of raunchy and classy :) Totally different than Bachelorette Parties in your 20's!
    Looks like you were in my neck of the woods....next time go to the Italian restaurant next door to the Maverick - Grappolo's. It is FANTASTIC :)
    Renting a house - great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun, sister!!! You were the prettiest princess there - Snow White! I am sooooo excited for Susie! I Love u & can't wait to get started doing summer things. That pool was the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still laughing!!! Those straws were the best, so glad you guys had fun, thanks for sharing....I am so digging those tomatoes in your past post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's the way to do a bachelorette party! So glad you girls had such a fun weekend. And I love how you made banners for the occasion, too. You're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Where you got idea for this stunning party? I loved decoration in this bachelorette party. I got really great ideas for decoration of my sister’s bachelorette party that will be organized at New York venues. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)