Friday, July 15, 2011

Funny.

While I was at swimming lessons today with the kiddos, a woman sitting near by struck up a conversation with me. This is how it went:

Her: How old are your brother and sister?

Me: My sister is 32, and my brother is 29.

(She looked at me with a confused look on her face)

Her:"Oh, sorry, I meant your younger siblings."

(Now I had a confused look on my face. Then she gestured toward the pool)

Me: Oh, those aren't my younger siblings, those are my kids.

Her: No!!?? Really!!?? You must have been really young when you got started, huh??

Me: Um, well, no, not really. I think I was 27 when I had my son, and 30 with my daughter.

Her: Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed. I totally thought you were like 23 years old, at the most.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!! Ha ha!
Happy Friday :)

13 comments:

  1. You girl, just found a new best friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is awesome. What a compliment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! What a great compliment! But what a bummer for Lisa...I guess that makes her your older sister by about 9 years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome! If you continue this streak, you may even get carded the next time you go to the liquor store...woo hoo!

    Have a great weekend Ali....

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this made me laugh out loud. :) I got offered a children's menu and crayons when I was 20. That was...different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is excellent.
    And now I'm just jealous.
    Sometimes I get carded by the cashier when I buy wine at the grocery store. But then the kid who's bagging my groceries calls me "Ma'am" and knocks my sorry butt back down to reality.
    Stupid kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is awesome! i am sure you left there feelin good and thinking "oh yeah, i still got it!":)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pure awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so cool!!! I used to get upset when people thought I was younger then I am. But since having kids I take it as a compliment!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome sister!! :) and you do look that young and adorable (if I do say so myself - haha!!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's a GOOD, GOOD story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA! LOL. That is freaking awesome. You and your twin don't look a day over 23. xo

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)