Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th recap and a proud wife

Happy 5th of July everyone! Did you survive the festivities!? Hope so :) We had a very happy holiday!! Here are a few pics.....
We took a ride on the free trolley into Laguna Beach for a happy (gloomy) beachy day.
Brrrr.......

The kids didn't mind the gloomy-ness :)

But I remained in my long sleeves the entire time we were there. Haha. Brrrrrrrrr.


We ate some YUMMY food prepared by my hubby (& my mom's famous potato salad). YUM.
And then we headed to watch the fireworks over the harbor...
(Hayden is a super spaz these days)

Ollie fell asleep during the show :)



It was a terrific holiday spent with family. The very BEST kind of day :)

Oh - and I am SOOOOO proud of my hubby. He walked in the door the morning of the fourth after going to the store. He said, "you are either going to love this or hate it. The sign said "free" so I took a chance"
I am SO proud. His first roadside rescue was a super success. I love love love this mirror! My question is, should it remain a mirror or become a chalkboard. We shall see ;)

pssst...can you see a sneaky peek in the mirror?? Stay tuned :)

11 comments:

  1. Ali, no way, your hubby found that! Hope you hugged and kissed him! Love all the pic's of the beach, your families red/white blue beach attire was so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day. :) And way to go Josh, that's such an awesome find! And so sweet of him to get it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so fun! And I'd be a proud wife too! My hubby has turned into my bloggy assistant - I get asked questions like "Hey honey, did you want to take a picture of this before I cut it?" LOVE it!! ;)
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are adorable!! Best thing about summer is corn on the cob, yummy!! That is one fantastic mirror, lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great 4th and that your husband is well trained! That mirror is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, a big high 5 to your husband for taking the roadkill rescue leap. :) And what a fun 4th ... it sounds like a perfect day for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Josh! Your Fourth pix are great. I vote for mirror, not chalkboard. Can't believe someone was throwing that away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids are adorable! It looks like you had a fun family 4th. I agree....that's the best way to spend the holidays. Wow! That mirror is beautiful! What a treasure your hubby brought home. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can't believe he found that!! ahhh I want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, what a fun day you guys had. I'm totally jealous you had to bundle up and wear long sleeves. I can't get from the air-conditioned car to the air-conditioned house fast enough these days! And what a seriously awesome curbside find! I can see it being a gorgeous chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like the perfect day! And your hubs is so sweet to drag that gorgeous mirror home!!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)