My sweet friend Cassie over at Primitive & Proper tagged me in a little "getting to know you" game.
Here are my answers to Cassie's questions:
1. If you could meet any person in American history, who would it be and why? This is seriously a tough call. I'm not much of a history buff, but I have learned about some amazing people throughout our Nation's history. I think I would have to say Martin Luther King. He will forever inspire me with his dreams that all people should be treated as equals. I agree with my whole heart in those dreams and know that if he wasn't unjustly taken from us, our world would be a better place because of him.
2. What do you consider to be your greatest talent? Singing karaoke. HA! not. I guess I would say crafting. Anything that involves a glue gun really :)
3. If you could go back in time and live in any period, decade, era, where would you land? I think all time periods have their good elements and bad. That being said, I think it would be fun to be around during the 70's disco craze. Not for the drugs or scandalous sex, but for the sweet outfits and dance moves. Awesome!!
4. If you could have unlimited credit at any store, what store would it be? My first instinct was to say Target. But then I realized that most of things I want from there are reasonably affordable. So, I changed my answer to Pottery barn. My house would be seriously stylin'!
5. What is your most prized possession? My engagement/wedding ring. Not only for it's financial value, but for the words that were exchanged between my husband and I when I got it. A sparkly reminder of our forever love :)
6. What are you most looking forward to in 2012? My nephew Oliver being born (he's due tomorrow), going camping in Yosemite with my family in May, going to MD to visit friends in May, and for my friend Susie's wedding in July. It's going to be a wonderful year :)
7. What is your favorite season and why? Summer. for sure. I am a beach girl at my core and I could never ever move away from this paradise I call home :)
8. Do you have any bad habits? Snacking at night. BAD.
9. What do you miss most about being a child? Feeling pure joy without any responsibility. My parents made it so my world was safe, happy, and secure. It was perfection :)
10. When you go to the zoo, what is the animal you can't leave without seeing? The monkeys. They seem so human to me sometimes and they are so so cute.
11. If you could rename MY blog, what would you name it? (sneaky sneaky). Hmmm, let's see. I think I would call it "Creating my happy Highland." or "Highland diy." Ha ha, I don't know. Way too hard of a question friend.
Happy happy V-day everyone!! Muah!
listen & watch
35 minutes ago