Friday, May 11, 2012

Yo - Yosemite {Part One}

Back to the grind! Back to the grind!
We-had-a-BLAST on our first ever family camping trip to Yosemite (arguably the most beautiful place on planet Earth). Here are a few pictures for ya (and I'm not going to lie, you will most likely be seeing Yosemite pics on here for about a week...I took like 300. ha ha)

Seriously?! Can you believe a place that looks like this exists?


SO so beautiful! I have been here sooooo many times, but each time it takes my breath away.
We did a bit of exploring, and then it was time to set up camp :)


We got a new tent that takes only one minute to set up. No joke. It is awesome! That's my in-laws in the background still setting up their regular old tent - ha ha!
My sis-in-law and her fam had an RV....Wimps (totally kidding of course...and kind of jealous).

And of course, we had to make camp fancy :)
Buntings make everything feel like a party! We even had people stop by to say how cute our campsite looked. ha ha! Mission accomplished :)

Hayden got right to work playing in the stream with her stick (this was a daily occurrence for her).



Noah and his cousins spent a good chunk of time relaxing here:

There were tons of these gorgeous dogwood blooms all around Yosemite Valley. Josh made fun of me because I couldn't stop taking pictures of them.
Mother Nature, you rule!!!

We spent 3 nights total at camp, so we each took turns being in charge of dinner. Darcy's dinner was up first - NACHOS!!! Mmmmm!

Check out these babies!

Oh yeah baby - Mmmmmmm!
Josh made a MAN sized portion for himself and ate every bit of it. Mmmmmm!
Darcy's Dessert did not disappoint either. Campfire bananas :)

First: Slice your banana through the peel and stuff it with deliciousness (marshmallows, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips etc).
Then you wrap it in foil and put it over the campfire.
After about 10 minutes or so, open it up and eat it with a spoon. YUM!
Melty chocolatey peanut buttery deliciousness! Mmmmmmm!!! SO good!!

Then we spent some time relaxing by the fire and using our super cool light-up cups that Uncle James got for everyone. Jealous!?! You know you are!

After that, it was time to go to sleep in the tent :)
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.
(haha - the terrible 3's tantrums came pretty often on this trip but she did have a great time in between the freak outs. silly girl).

Stay tuned for more Yosemite posts - Lots more to share :)

7 comments:

  1. Fuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo so jealous and missed you all soooo much but am so glad u had such a fun time. I can't wait to see more pictures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh it looks like SO much fun!!!! and i want to eat your food! and buntings make every place happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunting on an easy up...you are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you made a bunting for camp! and please pass me the nachos! nom nom : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! We are going camping in June and I am definitely doing the banana thing! Beautiful pics, to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great shots, Ali...can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Ali! Glad you guys had a great time! I love how you put your special touch on the campsite with the bunting. Very cute! :) I've only been to Yosemite once but it was ah-ma-zing! The bubbling sulphur springs were so cool to see (but not smell), as were the wildlife. Looking forward to seeing more photos!

    Erin

    P.S.--I'm sad that I can't make those nachos and stuffed bananas spontaneously appear in front of me. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)