Friday, May 25, 2012

Yum - Moo - Oink

FRIDAY!!! Friday :( Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Today is my last official day in MD visiting with Cassie and her wonderful family. We have had sooo much fun and while I desperately miss my own sweet family, I am sad to leave my friend. Why do MD and CA have to be soooooo far away from each other?! Booo USA, Booo. Seriously bad call!

Moving on.
Yesterday Cassie took the kids and I to the South Mountain Creamery to feed the baby cows. This is a free activity that happens daily at 4pm. Seriously people, one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Feeding baby cows is much different than feeding human babies, but it did make me miss my kiddos back at home! Here are some...scratch that....TONS of pictures.


First.....YUM!
They have THE BEST ice cream there! So fresh, creamy, and delicious! Sawyer is enjoying his if you couldn't already tell :)

Hey - get your own, Cassie! Ha ha!

Moo.....
The calves stole my heart. Their big eyes {sigh}. So stinkin' cute!



At 4pm sharp, the milk bottles make their appearance and cows start to moooooo extra loud in anticipation :)

The bottles are kind of heavy to begin with and the calves are super strong and aggressive eaters. They also get all drooly and foamy at the mouth as they chug their yummy milk. It's just plain adorable.

Haha!


 


Oink......The piggies are just sooooooooooooooo cute!
Oh my!
It was such a fun and unique experience. I will remember it always.
Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will be on a plane back to CA. I will be thrown ever so gently back into the role of a 72 hour single mom (my hubby will be at the fire house Sat-Mon). I may not survive. Wish me luck :)

6 comments:

  1. it was SO much fun! those piggies and calves are the cutest. i might need to get some chickens AND pig AND cows. and that ice cream is the BEST. going to miss you. i think cali should just pick up and plop itself next to md and make a little east coast west coast island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like an awesome trip - I'll keep my fingers crossed that Hayden and Noah are angels for you, for the next 72 hours.

    those piggies were the CUTEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the kiddies are good for the next 72 hours :)
    and those piggies were the CUTEST!
    glad you had such a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boooooo but yaaaaay! I have missed my other half too much! (and have been living vicariously through all of your fun times!! :) xoxoxo give Cassie and fam a BIG hug from me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! Those calves are so adorable!! Glad you had fun in MD, but sad that I couldn't meet you in person. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks SO fun! There is nothing cuter than baby animals! So glad you had a great trip! And I do wish you luck as you are gently thrown head first into momming when you get back! hee hee
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)