Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ok, so it's not actually "old" old.

As many of you may know, I love flea marketing. It's definitely one of my most favorite things to do! A while back I bought this stool at a flea market for $3. Luckily it was a small flea market because I didn't have my trusty flea marketing cart with me, and I hate having to carry my treasures around. It hinders the hunting if you know what I mean.
I had been looking for an old stool to use as a plant stand next to my high boy in the den (I mean, den/office/craft room/guest room).
I liked the aged look it had, but I wanted it to pop more. I decided that I would paint it RED (I'm kinda lovin' the red, aqua, white, thing I have happening in my house right now), and I also thought it would look cool if I taped off the bottom of the legs before I painted it. I flipped it over and taped up all 4 legs...
...and then I noticed underneath the seat of the stool was a Bed, Bath, & Beyond price tag for $19.99. Ha ha! apparently my "old" stool from the flea market, wasn't actually old. But, who cares right!!? Ha ha!!! Moving on. I took it out back and gave it a few coats of red spray paint.
After it was dry, I took it out front and had a little fun with my sander :)
Before distressing:
 Then I loaded her back in and did a little happy dance :)
I think the legs look cool like that....gives it a bit more interest :)
It's ok if it's not old old, right? It's someone's old stool that is new to me, right? ha ha, it's not like I'm taking it to the antiques roadshow or anything like that! It's a freakin' plant stand, right!? Can you hear me trying to convince myself?? ha ha!!! It's not antique and that's ok with me ;)

I like it! It's happy, and red, and "new-old." Ha ha!!!
Happy Wednesday everyone :)

13 comments:

  1. Love the pop of red color to your room! Your old/new stool is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks old and antiquey to me, so it's totally fine! If you love it, that's all that matters. Plus I love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love it! you know i love the dipped or opposite of dipped look! and the color is awesome!!!!!! seriously great friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares!!! That thing frickin' rocks!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Great red. Aqau and red is a fun color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like my cheer stand from high school. Go Chargers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Ali! I like old stools, too. I'm trying to find an old milking stool (shorter than your stool) to sit on next to our elevated fireplace. If you see one, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks old now! I just love it, and the color!
    Thanks for the great idea.

    Buffie
    http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Cute. Love the red. Good luck, little plant. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No need for antiques. That's a great pop of color! Love the little feet too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I have an old stool in the garage waiting for me...I just need to figure out where to PUT it after I paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm popping over from Vintage Revivals where you were listed as someone's favorite blog. I can see why! Great blog. And i love what you did with this darling stool. Great to "meet" you.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)