Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hayden's Little/Big Girl Room: Finale

Here it is people!! Fiinnaaaalllllly the dresser reveal is here!!! It took a while to get it all together but Hayden and I are so happy with how everything turned out. I have no regrets on tossing out the stinky dresser and am thrilled that I quickly found THE perfect dresser for my girl. Without further delay, the pot of gold at the end of our rainbow....


Here is a before shot:


During: (ha ha, this is my fancy set-up in my driveway)


And here is the close-up of the after:
Creamy buttery yellow (straw flower to be exact). {SWOON}. One of the drawer pulls was broken so I ended up switching out the hardware. The top three knobs were $.97 each from Home Depot. The other 4 were given to me by a special friend of mine and all of them were given a fresh coat of white spray paint. Perfection!



This is what it really looks like at the moment. We haven't quite begun the potty training adventure, so we're doubling it as a changing table. Functional and pretty! What more could a girl need??

The gorgeous flea market mirror was a gift from my beautiful sister. Isn't it AWESOME!!??

The wall art on the top is from Target and it is freakin' awesome!!! Click on the picture to zoom in so you can really see it. The one on the bottom is by Suzy Ultman and I  got it on Amazon.com.
Look at all those happy hot air balloons. SO adorable!
And this is her new favorite thing to do after a diaper change. She is the fairest of them all :)

22 comments:

  1. it looks fabulous!!!! i love the colors in there- soft and pretty! the dresser looks awesome, and i love love love that mirror! and you know how i feel about suzy ultman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautiful. I'm in love with that yellow. What a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dresser (and the whole room for that matter) is so girly, so cute, so perfect, so sweet. I love everything about it! And what's even better is that it will totally grow with Hayden into her teenage years. I knew you'd find the perfect dresser to replace that stinky one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this dresser is so much more fitting in her room than the other one! i love it = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali, you did a great job! That dresser is beautiful! I love the color and the white hardware really pops on the yellow. The mirror is beautiful, too. Hayden's room is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did awesome, Ali! I love the bright happy color! That mirror is awesome, too! Your umbrella work station cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it!! You seriously are so talented. I think I'd need a tutorial just on how to refurnish furniture. I just enjoy reading about you doing it:)

    By the way, that little miss Hayden is pretty stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is literally a pot of gold! It looks so beautiful.....Hayden is one lucky little girl...

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome color for the dresser! I totally love it and her room! The mirror and balloon pic look perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE all the painted furniture!!! Great colors! And aren't suzy ultman prints the cutest?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dresser and your daughter is darling. What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute...I don't think it gets any better for a little girls room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! LOVE that color yellow with the pop of aqua on the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dresser and the mirror is fabulous! Found you at TT & J. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it all! Your color choices are fantastic!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Jodie


    http://lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the creaminess (is that a word?) of the dresser color! Great Job!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome makeover! I LOVE it! And that mirror is amazing. And so is the hot air balloon art . . . basically I love it all :-) Great work!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dresser turned out beautifully!!! I love the mirror. The shape is gorgeous and the color too.

    Came over from Tatertots and Jello.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet and dreamy room! I like the combo of colors you used. (Love the mirror!)

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)